NIFST presents one day training workshop on “Capacity Building for Youths & Women in Agriculture on Improved Food Processing & Packaging Techniques”May 3, 2014
NIFST 2014 NATIONAL CONFERENCE NOW TO HOLD IN LAGOSMay 28, 2014
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN
is a Swiss based international organization that mobilizes public-private partnerships and provides financial and
technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition. The organization is
delivering improved nutrition to an estimated 700 million people in more than 30 countries, half of whom are
women and children.
Project Manager, Food Fortification
The Project Manager is responsible to monitor and manage the process of GAIN Food Fortification program
grants in Nigeria by providing qualified support in regard to financial control and project management under
the direct supervision of the Country Manager and in compliance with the instructions received from GAIN
- Review and monitor all programmatic activities such as periodic progress and financial reports, conditions
- precedent and special conditions to be performed by the Grantees as spelled out in the Implementation
- Plan of the Grant Agreement. Ensure all reports are submitted in the appropriate GAIN format. Report
- regularly and precisely in writing to the Country Manager on the progress, delays, issues and actions to be
- Review and monitor the progress of implementation of each component of the program, with special
- attention to procurement of goods and services, communication strategy, social marketing, research,
- QA/QC protocols and questionnaires, and any contracts in order to ensure strict compliance with GAIN’s
- objectives, strategies, policies and procedures. Report regularly and precisely to the Country Manager on
- the progress, issues and actions to be undertaken.
- Make appropriate recommendations on the implementation plan, including any up-dates, of each funded
- program, on the approval of activities progress and financial reports, or any other documentation
- submitted by the Executing Agency as part of the program.
- Review and control all financial reports, budgets, procurement tenders, subcontracting, audit reports and
- any other financial documents to be provided by the Grantees as per the Grant Agreement. Review,
- control and give a recommendation on all requests for disbursements. Ensure all reports are provided in
- the appropriate format. Report regularly and precisely to the Country Manager on the quality, accuracy
- and completeness of all financial reports and activities.
- Make recommendations on the requests for disbursements and any other requests from the Grantees
- after controlling the process and the tools in accordance with GAIN Program Delivery Framework (PDF). In
- the event of any delays in the fulfillment of the conditions precedent to disbursement, inform the Country
- Manager immediately and take any necessary action, as pre-agreed by the Country Manager.
- Prepare and regularly up-date annual work plans for the Country Manager’s approval.
- Assist the Country Manager in reviewing financial reports, budgets for all programs.
- Provide information to the Country Manager for the latter to develop the annual Program of Work and
- Budget, the quarterly forecasts and the monthly cash flow forecasts.
- To assist any GAIN secretariat staff in drafting and finalizing MOUs with global alliance partners for the
- programs under his/her supervision
- To prepare country or regional summary documents, reports, Board presentations, etc. as needed.
- At least 10 years of experience in developing and managing projects, preferably in developing
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, matrix, global organization.
- Knowledge and familiarity with one or more of the following functional areas: Procurement,
- travel, communications, accounting, contracts and agreements, nutrition/health science,
- meetings/conference management, international aid, development programs or portfolio
- Experience of working in the food industry or public health sector in Nigeria will be an advantage.
Skills & Attributes
- Successful project management expertise preferably in design, implementation and monitoring and
- evaluation of nutrition programs.
- Experience in implementing Social Marketing and Behaviour Communication Change projects
- Analytical mind and commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail.
- Experience in working with financial and project management systems, excellent auditing and
- accounting knowledge and skills.
- Proven ability to work in an environment requiring collaboration with private sector, government, and
- national and international organization.
- Effective negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible, goal-oriented and willingness to travel in challenging environments.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is a must.
- Working knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Master in Food Technology, Nutrition, Business Administration or related fields
Ability to travel on occasion.
If you are interested, please, send your CV and cover letter via: