ADMISSION INTO SPECIALISED POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2015 / 2016 ACADEMIC SESSION
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta is pleased to announce that admissions into postgraduate training programmes in Centre of Excellence in Agricultural Development and Sustainable Environment are now open. Applications are invited from candidates of all nationalities.
The World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence in Agricultural Development and Sustainable
Environment (CEADESE) runs specialized postgraduate courses designated as Master (M.AgSE) and Doctorate (PhD AgSE) degrees in Agricultural Development and Sustainable Environment. The courses are designed to integrate academic and entrepreneurial skills with demand-driven research.
The M.AgSE/PhD AgSE programme runs the following options:
1. Livestock Science and Sustainable Environment
2. Agricultural Economics and Environmental Policy
3. Crop and Pasture Production and Sustainable Environment
4. Food Processing and Value Addition
5. Environmental Systems and Agriculture
Partial scholarships especially on tuition and funding of students’ research works are available in all programmes. Admissions into CEADESE programmes are based on gender balance. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
1. Candidates of all nationalities within and outside Africa possessing qualifications
equivalent to recognized first degrees in relevant disciplines are eligible to apply
2. The M. AgSE programe will generally be open to all agriculture graduates of B. Agric,
B.Sc Agric, B. Tech Agric and B. Eng Agric. with a minimum of CGPA of 3.0 Holders of
HND and other Degrees/Classes of Degree with PGD in any of Agriculture disciplines
with a minimum weighted average score of 60% (or CGPA of 3.0 on a 5point scale) shall
also be eligible for admission into the programme, on the condition that both set of
candidates met basic university matriculation requirements of five (5) O’ level credits
including English Language and Mathematics, and any other three (3) Science or
relevant Social Science subjects
Admission into M.AgSE – Agricultural Economics and Environmental Policy – shall be
open to Bachelor Degree holders in Agricultural Economics
The PhD AgSE programme will be open to Master degree holders in relevant courses to
the different options in the programme.
– Course work along with dissertation for 4 Semesters.
– 3-6 months of Internship in collaborating industries and institutions.
– M.AgSE candidates on scholarship will not be funded beyond the 4th semester
– PhD AgSE programme will be course and research-based, spanning maximum of 6 semesters.
– Application for PhD AgSE is open all year round; however candidates applying for scholarships must do so at the beginning of the session
METHOD OF APPLICATIONMETHOD OF APPLICATION
1. All applicants from Nigeria should generate an invoice at the Post Graduate application portal of FUNAAB at pg.funaab.edu.ng. The invoice should be taken to any branch of Zenith Bank to make application payment of N15, 000.00 exclusive of bank charges and thereafter complete the application form at the same website.
Account No: 1013698635
Sort Code: 057170019
Account Name: Centre of Excellence in Agricultural Development and Sustainable Environment, FUNAAB
Foreign applicants should pay US$100 into the Centre’s domiciliary account (Zenith Bank
Account No: 5070318907, Swift Code: ZEIBNGLA, Bank Sort Code: 057170019). It is important to upload the telex copies to access the online application form. Hard copies of completed application forms with teller and photocopies of credentials should be mailed by speed post to:
Federal University of Agriculture,
All applicants must request their respective institutions to forward their transcripts directly to
CEADESE at the same address
All applications to reach CEADESE by 10th September, 2015. For further information, please send your enquiries to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the following numbers: