NIFST Experts Bureau
This is to remind all Fellows and Members of NIFST that are yet to complete the “Food Experts Form” to kindly fill and forward the completed form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Please see the document below for more details.
Thanking you in advance for your prompt response.
For: STC, Chairman
NIFST EXPERTS BUREAU
NIFST is currently compiling the list of experts in their various areas of specialty in Food Science and Technology. This is to further entrench the Institute’s readiness to provide professional support to its Members (both individual and corporate) and the general public.
On this ground, all Fellows and Professional Members of NIFST with relevant skills, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE and knowledge in any aspect of Food Science and Technology are invited to submit their details to the Institute so as to develop a “NIFST Experts Bureau.” The Bureau will help to market and showcase the rich human resources of NIFST and its potentials in the economic growth of Nigeria. The Bureau will also serve as a pool for identifying facilitators and consultants for different programmes such as; trainings, seminars, symposia, conferences, consultancy and other related services.
The list will be updated from time to time to meet present and future challenges in the study and practice of Food Science and Technology in Nigeria.
REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFICATION
- Must be a Fellow or Professional Member of NIFST.
- Must have hands-on experience in an identified area of specialty.
- Must be knowledgeable in the preparation and use of visual aids.
- Must possess excellent oral presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to facilitate excellent interactive sessions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EXPERTS
Experts will be required to;
- Be able to deliver not less than two papers in an event.
- Honour interview request with the media during an event when requested.
- Willingly conduct factory tours with groups during an event when the need arises.
- Submit a one page single spaced extended abstract at least three weeks before the commencement of an event.
- Carry with them copies of NIFST Mission and Vision document, and also include few slides about NIFST in their presentation in cases of non-NIFST events facilitated by a member of the Bureau though NIFST.
- Submit brief reports on event to the Scientific and Training Committee for record. When necessary, an expert may be asked to submit an article for publication on the Institute’s Website, Food Forum Magazine or Monthly Newsletter.